Thursday, June 8, 2017 - 10:00am - 1:00 pm
Nursing Home and Assisted Living Regulatory Update
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Arrival and Networking
- 10:00 – 11:45: Local Update – Sharon Lewis, Veronica Longstreth and Sharon Mebane, Health Regulation and Licensing Administration, District of Columbia Department of Health (DOH)
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm: National Update – Janine Fink-Boyle, Director, Health Regulations and Policy and Jennifer Hilliard, Director, Philanthropy and Legal Affairs
- Location: LeadingAge Headquarters, 2519 Connecticut Avenue, NW
- Click here to register
Monday June 5th - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Requirements for Participation Webinar Series
- Various dates from June 5th – September 11th
- 13 Part Webinar Series
- Click here for more information
Thursday, July 13, 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Leadership Lunch Series: Governance and the Not-For-Profit Difference
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Arrival and Networking
- 12:00 – 1:00 Board Engagement: Scenarios of Strong Governance, Aaron Rulnick, HJ Sims
- 1:00 – 2:00 NFP Difference, Cory Kallheim, VP, Legal Affairs and Social Accountability, LeadingAge
- Location: Ingleside at Rock Creek - 3050 Military Rd NW, Washington, DC 20015
Tuesday, August 8, 12:00 – 1:30pm
Leadership Lunch Series: Workforce
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Arrival and Networking
- 12:00 – 12:45 - Workforce - Susan Hildebrandt, VP of Workforce Initiatives, LeadingAge.
- 12:45 – 1:30 Round Table - Links to Higher Education - Local panelists to be determined.
- Location: TBD
Tuesday, September 12, 12:00 – 1:30pm
Leadership Lunch Series: Leadership, Finance and Strategy
- 11:30 – 12:30 – Lunch and Networking
- 12:30 – 1:30 - Finance and Strategy, Rusty Quynn, BB&T Capital Markets
- Location TBD
Thursday, October 5th
LeadingAge DC Annual Meeting – The Power of Purpose
- Call for Proposals
- Location: LeadingAge Headquarters, 2519 Connecticut Avenue, NW
October 29 - November 1, 2017
2017 LeadingAge Annual Meeting & Expo
New Orleans, LA
- More Information can be found on the LeadingAge website
Emerging Leaders Series
2016-2017 Emerging Leaders Series
Designed for the new manager or high potential employee, these modules will increase supervisory and leadership skills. Participants can take an individual module or sign up for the series. A mix of in-person and online sessions are geared toward busy adult learners. Participants will get personal training and participate in a cohort exploring people, business, and field leadership.
- July 19, 2017 - Business Module @ Clifton Larsen Allen, Timonium, MD
LeadingAge Maryland is pleased to offer to LeadingAge DC Members Tuesday Stand-Up – a clinical learning opportunity held every other Tuesday at 10:00am. The call is designed to be a narrowly focused, 15 minute learning experience referencing a current clinical, regulatory or operational issue associated with geriatric medication management or other related health care topic. Each call will offer listeners actionable advice designed for hands-on clinical team members, healthcare leaders and clinicians.
- For more information, click here
- Mental Health and Dementia in Independent Senior Living Settings -March 27, 2017 - 8:30 - 4:45 Learn More
- PEAK Leadership Summit - March 19 - 22, 2017
- LADC Talk: Flood and Fire - Are you prepared? - March 29, 2017 - 12:00 pm - 12:30pm - Link to Presentation
- Webinar: Riding the Wave of Change in Memory Care - Presented by Perkins Eastman, January 30, 2017, 1:30 - 2:30pm
- Future of Aging Services Leadership Panel, January 25th, 2017 - 9:30 - 12:00
- Webinar: Trends in Population Health Management: Risk or Opportunity? , Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 2-3 p.m. Eastern
- Strategy and Finance Symposium, December 10, 2015
- C-Suite Panel for Aging Services, Friday, January 8, 2015
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Rules Impacting Overtime and Exemption Status Webinar - June 16, 2016, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- LeadingAge DC and Maryland Member Only - Conference Call RE: CMS PROPOSED PAYMENT RULE FY 2017 - Tuesday, June 7, 2016 - LeadingAge DC and Maryland hosted a conference call with Dr. Cheryl Phillips and Evvie Munley to discuss the CMS Proposed Payment Rule of FY 2017
- National Emerging Leadership Summit @ GW, June 21 - 23, 2016- The summit targeted Healthcare Administrators in Health and Aging Services who have typically been in the field for under ten years and are identified as emerging leaders.
- IAHSA Member, Francis Njuakom, Director of Community Development Volunteers for Technical Assistance (CDVTA) shared with us the story and work of his organization.
- Talk and Reception with Francis Njuakom, CDVTA, August 11th from 10am -12pm
- LeadingAge DC 2016 Annual Meeting, September 15, 2016 - Learn More
- The Art of Care -A program offered through Accessible Programs at the National Gallery of Art in partnership with LeadingAge. By carefully examining and discussing original works of art at the National Gallery of Art, participants will build skills that support visual literacy, communication, and empathy.
- UBER and Aging Services, Thursday, December 1, 2016
- STRATEGY AND FINANCE SYMPOSIUM Sponsored by Ziegler, November 30, 2016
- RoP Phase 1 in 60 Minutes or Less November 22, 2016
- Presenter: Stephanie S. Kessler, RAC-CT, Partner, Senior Living Services Consulting Group
- FALL LEADERS FORUM - My Choices, Right or Wrong: Ethical and Legal Considerations in Person-Directed Living, with Dr. Michael Gillette, Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Free Webinar: Payroll Based Journal - What you need to know - A clinical and information technology perspective - Tuesday, April, 19, 2016, 2:00 pm
- Advocacy Training with the Senior Advisory Coalition -March 31, 2016, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Advancing Resident-Centered Care: Leadership Intensive - April 5, 2016, Jim Kinsey of Planetree
- Member Only Free Webinar: New Quality Measures and the 5-Star Rating System - March 29th & 31st, 3pm EDT
- Free Webinar: Fair Housing and Aging Services, March 23rd, 2016
- Nursing Home Administrators Peer Networking, March 10, 2016
- LeadingAge PEAK Leadership Summit, March 14-16, 2016
- Local and National Regulatory Update, Friday, February 26, 2016
- Active Shooter Webinar, Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- Webinar: Navigating Bundled Payment Programs: Lessons Learned, Wednesday January 27, 2016
- Webinar: Dementia: An Interdisciplinary Team Approach to Reduce Behaviors, November 17, 2015, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Two-Day MDS Training Course - Sponsored by LeadingAge Maryland and OHCQ, November 18 - 19, 2015 (9:00 - 4:00pm each day)
- 25th Annual Gibbs Oration and 9th Annual Coile Lectureship - Sponsored by LeadingAge DC, November 13, 2015, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Universal Paid Leave Act of 2015 Conference Call, Tuesday, October 20, 2015
- CMS Proposed Requirements of Participation for Nursing Homes, Monday, October 5, 2015
- New Nonprofit Senior Living Accounting Standards, Tuesday, October 13, 2015
- Training the Future Leaders of Long Term Care: A Preceptor Training Program: On July 29, 2015
- ICD-10- CM Coding - Are You Ready?: Lunch and Learn: On August 11, 2015
- On the Horizon for Affordable Housing: On June 10, 2015:
- Working Together: Community-Based Villages and Other Aging Services Organizations: On May 28, 2015, LeadingAge's Bruce Rosenthal explored the collaborations between aging services providers and Villages.
- Armed Forces Retirement Home and the Small House Concept : On April 7, 2015, members were given information on the Armed Forces Retirement Home, the small house concept and provided a tour.
- Assisted Living Update : On February 2, 2015 Sharon Mebane, DC Department of Health, and Steve Maag spoke about the local and national trends in Assisted Living.
- MDS 3.0/RUGS IV Webinar Series Kick Off : January-May 2015, in keeping with the success of their previous highly-rated distance learning education offerings, LeadingAge state affiliates and Plante Moran teamed up to offer a series of affordable, up-to-date distance learning educational sessions about the process of completing the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0, and the impact of its accuracy.
- 2015 PEAK Leadership Summit : On Tuesday, March 17, 2015, LeadingAge DC Members visited the offices of Congresswomen Eleanor Holmes Norton.
- LeadingAge Maryland, DC and Delaware Reception
On Monday, October 20, 2014 nearly 200 people attended the LeadingAge Maryland, DC, Delaware reception and the conversation was lively. Many thanks to reception sponsors Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, Warfel Construction and Perkins Eastman!
- Green House Project Briefing Highlights DC Efforts
On February 20, 2012, DC LeadingAge members joined the Green House team to brief attendees on the national and local efforts to expand this innovative, small house model of long-term care. Green Houses are operating around the country with 146 homes currently open and over a hundred more in development. Read more
- Spring Networking Breakfast Meeting: Non-Profit Philanthropy: Reform & Mission
On April 20, 2012, non-profit leaders from throughout the District joined us for breakfast, networking and the opportunity to learn more about the challenges facing non-profit organizations. They discussed if congress will make changes to the charitable deduction in tax reform as well as the impact it will that have on philanthropic efforts. Also discussed was how can you expand your organization’s mission in light of growing demand and decreased funding.
- Trends in CCRCs
On June 26, 2013, Steve Maag, Director of Residential Communities at LeadingAge, spoke about the most recent trends in continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) and what's driving those trends. Lunch was served at this event and the attendants got a great opportunity to learn valuable information that has helped their organizations stay ahead of the curve.
- Community-Based Health Education and Services For Seniors
Here in Washington, DC on June 27, 2013, Michael Thompson, Senior Director of Community Partnership and Development at Providence Hospital, spoke about improving the health of the people in our communities. Also speaking at this event was community organizer for the DC Office on Aging, Courtney Williams. This event offered attendants a unique opportunity to learn more about health services and how they benefit those in our communities.
- LeadingAge DC 1st Annual Meeting
LeadingAge DC held its first conference on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at the LeadingAge headquarters in Washington DC. This one day education event offered sessions on home and community based services expansion, resident transitions & fair housing and emerging service coordination issues in senior housing.
- Making it Work: Quality Measures in Nursing Home Care
On Friday, April 11, 2014, presenters looked at Advancing Excellence tools as a core base, with QAPI as the framework for assessing quality care. In addition, this session looked to develop the person-centered culture of safety that providers, residents and families look for in skilled care.
- HUD Preservation Training for Affordable Senior Housing
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and LeadingAge DC and LeadingAge Maryland hosted a 2-day training for board members, owners, and managers of affordable senior housing. This training was based upon HUD’s Partners in Housing: Basic and Advanced Preservation trainings that were taught throughout the country in 2012 and 2013. Targeted to non-profit owners and providers of affordable senior housing that have been financed with HUD 202 or 236 loans with rental subsidy, the training equipped attendees with the tools they needed to understand how to preserve and improve their valuable assets. The course was facilitated by Vince O’Donnell and Gates Dunaway, both of whom facilitated the HUD courses in 2012 and 2013 and have decades of experience with affordable housing preservation strategies.